I don't get it why some people hate Suresh Raina, and i mean a certain section of cricket fans in general (is that an oxymoron?), so i thought of writing a small post on the pros and cons of this guy, first of all i like Suresh Raina, not like i am a fan of him but just like him.
- Suresh Raina bats like sh*t on bouncy tracks, this is quite true, we saw how he batted in SA recently and even otherwise he has a reputation for playing like sh*t on leave bouncy tracks but short-pitched deliveries also,
- What the f*ck did he do to deserve a place in the 11 for the first 30 odi matches he played?, as far i can remember he hit some match saving 70 odd runs in one of his first 5 matches and he went on for nearly 25 matches without scoring any useful runs,
- Look at his technique! it resembles Dhoni's Neanderthal style in some shots, especially the big pull shots where he gives the spectators a free view of his abdominal area, yeah his batting looks sick and thats the most logical reason why he cant play the short ball properly.
- He is a very good Fielder,
- He has a great record in the sub-continent,
- He is a handy part time bowler,
- He is not an asshole like Appam (people also call him Sreeshanth) or has any weight/attitude problems like Yuvraj Singh,
- He is already being groomed to become the next captain (Sachin (i.e God) knows how many they are training),
- all other Sh*ts included
PS: Damn!, this post looks a 8 mark answer i write for my exams!